Students wanting to use Media Lab equipment and facilities must be an active member of one of the student media organizations – Fiat Lux, AUTV, or WALF – or registered as a member of the Prunty-Russo Media Lab.
Faculty and staff are welcome to use Media Lab equipment and facilities. They should contact the Media Lab’s director for more information.
NOTE: A reservation system for equipment and facilities is currently being developed and will be available by the beginning of the Fall 2023 semester.
Media Lab Studios
The Media Lab has three studios:
- Studio A, which is dedicated to use by WALF, Alfred University’s student-run radio station.
- Studio B, with is a general use studio suitable for recording podcasts, voice-over narration, and other digital audio content.
- Studio C, used by AUTV, Alfred University’s student-run radio station, which is suitable for recording webcasts, podcasts, voice-over narration, and other digital content.
The Media Lab also houses Fiat Lux, the student-run newspaper.
The Media Lab has three computer workstations for digital media content development.
- “The Beast”, a high-end computer suitable for running artificial intelligence (AI) systems and the Unreal Engine game engine.
- Two digital media production computers running the entire Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, Premier Pro, After Effects, inDesign, etc.) and other digital content development apps.
The computer workstations are connected to a 65″ 4K monitor capable of displaying stunning computer graphics.
Using Media Lab Equipment
All equipment is due the following day, with a maximum of one renewal. Any special requests to modify the lending period must be made in advance of checking out the equipment. Any items overdue are subject to a late fee charged per day, up to the full replacement cost of the item.
If you are new to checking out equipment at the Digital Media Lab, make sure to review our full Borrower Responsibilities